Blogging is dead? Nahhhhh… Blogging still makes the internet go round and there is plenty of money to be made with niche blogs.
While there is plenty of low grade content out there, especially with the rise of AI, there is plenty of room for a quality blog to make an impact.
So, you’re here on my site, Global Playboy. This site originally started as a sort of travel and mens lifestyle site, and has become a more general lifestyle magazine for men with a broader lifestyle reach.
And while that isn’t niche exactly, this site does generate a good chunk of revenue.
No it didn’t happen overnight. In fact, it took a year or so before this site even got consistent traffic. And while I don’t necessarily recommend you copy this site, there are definitely some lessons that I can relate to you, dear reader, as you search for niche blog ideas.
First up, lets look at the reasons why you should start a niche blog.
Why start a niche blog?
Creating a niche blog gives you the opportunity to create a resource for people looking for specific information on a topic. It helps if you have either a good understanding of that topic, or you are in the process of learning about it.
But saying that, there are some things that happen when you start your niche blog.
1. Increased Focus
When you start a niche blog, you are able to focus all of your attention on one specific topic. This allows you to become an expert in that area and create content that is highly valuable to your readers. By honing in on a niche, you can also attract a highly targeted audience. This means that your readers are more likely to be engaged with your content and become loyal followers.
And, when you focus on a particular area of interest, you can also find it easier to create content consistently. This is because you are not trying to cover a broad range of topics, but rather building upon a central theme. By doing so, you can create a repository of information that your readers can rely on, and this can make it easier for you to build a following that trusts your opinions and insights.
2. Less Competition
Starting a general blog can be challenging because there are likely already many established blogs covering a wide range of topics. However, when you start a niche blog, you are able to carve out a unique space for yourself in the blogosphere. By focusing on a specific topic, you’ll have less competition and be able to stand out more easily. This can lead to increased traffic and a more engaged audience.
Moreover, as your blog grows, you can become a go-to source of information for your niche, and this can help you establish yourself as an authority in your field. This can also help you to differentiate yourself from your competition and build a loyal following that values your opinions and insights.
3. Monetisation Opportunities
Another benefit of starting a niche blog is that it opens up more opportunities for monetization. By focusing on a specific topic, you can attract advertisers and sponsors who are interested in reaching your targeted audience. You can also create digital products, such as e-books or courses, that cater to your niche audience. This can lead to increased revenue and the ability to turn your blog into a profitable business.
In addition to this, when you have a niche blog, you can create content that is specifically tailored to your audience’s interests, and this can help you to increase engagement and build a community around your blog. This can also help you to create a loyal following that is more likely to be receptive to any products or services that you may offer.
How to find niche blog ideas
Your personal field of expertise and interest can define what makes a good niche blog idea. So it can be hard to suggest a specific idea for a niche blog.
But… Cos we’re good to you, we’ve done a bit of analysis using Ahrefs and a few other research tools. And these are our best ideas for niche blogs.
- Chat GPT training and tutorials. AI content is sizzling hot right now, and people are looking for ways to make it work for them. The AI content niche will definitely be one that is congested in the coming years, but if you can build a focused niche blog based on how to use AI content, you could be earning good money very soon.
- Pond care. This is a niche with a high value product and one that is relatively underserved. I actually know a guy who started a business selling pond supplies such as plants, features and cleaning products – and he went from zero to thousands of dollars a month in under a year. The keyword competition on Ahrefs is very low, and the potential traffic is high.
- Garden ornaments. Another niche with very high traffic and low competition. Of course it helps to have a garden and actual interest in gardens and gardening, but this could be a niche blog idea with huge earning potential.
- Office supplies and maintenance. Every office needs supplies. And every office has a faulty printer… And to add to that, the amount of searches for things like ‘printer driver is unavailable’ or ‘why is my printer not printing’ are pretty high. Competition is medium for this one, so if you niched down to printers you could stand a better chance of ranking.
- Specific sports. While there are lots of sites about health and fitness, not many niche down into a specific sport. Whether thats volleyball or stand up paddle boarding, or even running, there is a lot of opportunity to find a good niche in your fave sport. Fun fact: I actually have a niche sport site which is slowly building it’s audience (whenever I get to make some content for it).
- Kitchen gizmos. Yes, there are tons of blogs about recipes and food. But actually the kitchen tools and gizmos niche is one that is open to a good blogger.
- Specific clothing and fashion items. While the search engines for this niche are dominated by ecommerce stores, there is a huge opportunity for niche bloggers to focus on specific items of clothing. Women for example focus on shoes or swimwear, which are both great niches. For guys, how about suits, sneakers or winter wear?
So those are just a few niche blog ideas to get the creative juices flowing. I hope these help you come up with your next big money blog idea.
How to succeed with your niche blog
Building a niche blog takes a bit of focus and dedication. You will need to be able to write quality content that engages your audience, not just recycled fluff or AI generated lists (well, not all of it).
You will also need to have a good understanding of SEO. Or, hire a good SEO agency to help you build a content strategy and target those keywords.
You’ll need to be consistent, and post as often as possible.
And you’ll also need to build your social media accounts too (for best results).
Starting a niche blog can be a great way to differentiate yourself from the competition and build a highly engaged audience.
By focusing on a specific topic, you can become an expert in your field and create valuable content for your readers.
Additionally, a niche blog opens up more opportunities for monetisation, making it a great way to turn your passion into a profitable business. So if you’re thinking about starting a blog, consider choosing a niche and reaping the benefits that come along with it.