So you’ve been tasked with planning the ultimate London stag do? Well, you’re lucky you’ve found us. We just so happen to know London. And… We also like to party. What more could you want?
Yes, we know that a London stag do is gonna be expensive, and chances are you’re gonna want to do a bunch of cool things. But… You can only do so much, especially in this crazy hectic city.
In this guide to planning a London stag do, we’ll look at things to do by category and help you plan a great stag weekend in the big city.
OK then best man, let’s kick off with an essential – and that’s gonna be where are you staying for your London stag do?
The best hotels or locations for a London stag do
Yes, you could stay at the Premier Inn or a Travelodge. And yes, they are reliably decent and relatively low cost. But you don’t want that.
You want somewhere cool as f**k where you can chill with the boys, listen to some tunes before you head out and freshen up in style. Right?
Pick a hotel or Airbnb/Vrbo apartment in one of these prime London stag do hotspots:
- Camden (Euston, Kings Cross and Angel Islington are all good locations for Camden)
- South Bank/London Bridge (easy access to the East End)
- Hoxton/Shoreditch (obviously)
- Whitechapel (Easy access to Brick Lane and Shoreditch)
- Covent Garden and Soho area (obviously for Central London)
All of these places are easily accessible for the rest of the city, even late at night. So if you need to get back to your apartment, you don’t have to worry about costly Ubers or drunkenly hiring a Boris Bike.
If you’re heading out in East London then anywhere from South Bank to Kings Cross or Bethnal Green will be fine.
For a big night out in Camden, stick to Camden, Islington and Kings Cross/Euston areas.
We think the best hotel booking site is Booking.com. There is a good mix of hotels, apartments and even B&Bs if thats your style.
If you’re looking for an apartment, we think Vrbo shades Airbnb slightly.
Is London Good for a Stag Do?
London is not just good; it’s phenomenal for a stag do! The city’s electrifying energy, dazzling nightlife, and rich cultural heritage make it a top choice for stag celebrations. Whether you’re seeking luxury, adventure, or a bit of both, a London stag weekend has got you covered.
These are the best reasons to enjoy a big night out in London for your stag do.
- Nightlife Extravaganza: If there’s one thing London knows how to do, it’s partying! From world-renowned nightclubs to hidden speakeasies, you’ll find a venue to suit every taste. Party like there’s no tomorrow, and dance the night away with the groom and your pals.
- Unforgettable Experiences: London offers a plethora of stag do activities to suit all preferences. Visit iconic landmarks like the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and the Tower of London during the day, and transition seamlessly into the city’s thrilling nightlife after dark.
- Transportation Hub: Navigating a new city can be daunting, but not in London! The city boasts an extensive transportation network, including the iconic black cabs, the London Underground, and even riverboat cruises. Getting around has never been easier.
- Cosmopolitan Cuisine: Foodies will delight in London’s diverse culinary scene. From Michelin-starred restaurants to street food markets, you can treat your taste buds to a culinary adventure fit for a stag do feast.
- Historical and Cultural Gems: Immerse yourselves in London’s history and culture with visits to museums, art galleries, and theaters. Balance the wild side of the stag do with some refined cultural experiences.
- Multicultural Melting Pot: London is a melting pot of cultures, offering a dynamic and inclusive atmosphere. Embrace the diversity and celebrate with people from all walks of life.
Classy London Stag Do Ideas
Now that you’re sold on London as your stag do destination, let’s explore some classy stag do ideas that will take the celebration to the next level:
1. VIP Club Experience
For the groom who enjoys the finer things in life, treat him to a VIP club experience. Start the evening with a lavish dinner at a top-notch restaurant, where you can raise a toast to the groom’s future. Then, head to one of London’s exclusive nightclubs, where you’ll have a reserved table and the red carpet treatment.
Sip on exquisite cocktails, dance the night away, and revel in the VIP vibes.
If you want a party in Central London, head to Tiger Tiger, Tape Bar, BEAT or Luxe Club. Of course there are also popular clubs such as Ministry of Sound, Corsica Studios, XOYO and Fabric too.
2. Whisky Tasting
Take the stag party on a journey through the world of whisky with a sophisticated tasting session. Book a private whisky masterclass, where an expert will guide you through the nuances of various whiskey styles and origins.
Learn the art of tasting, appreciate the craftsmanship, and raise a glass to the groom’s upcoming nuptials. It’s an experience that combines indulgence with education.
3. Thames River Cruise
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city for a while and enjoy a leisurely cruise along the iconic River Thames.
Take in breathtaking views of London’s landmarks from the water as you sip champagne and indulge in delicious canapés. Some river cruises even offer live entertainment, ensuring a memorable experience for the entire stag party.
We recommend this dinner cruise for food and drink with some epic views of the city.
4. Mixology Masterclass
Unleash your inner bartender with a mixology masterclass. Learn the secrets of crafting perfect cocktails from expert mixologists who will teach you the art of balancing flavours and creating unique concoctions. Shake, stir, and garnish your way to becoming a master mixologist.
Plus, the best part is you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor by tasting your creations throughout the class.
5. Golfing Extravaganza
For the groom who enjoys a good round of golf, London offers some fantastic golfing experiences. Book a tee time at one of the city’s prestigious golf courses and challenge your friends to a friendly competition.
Enjoy the lush green surroundings, perfect your swing, and revel in the camaraderie of the game. Don’t forget to treat the winner to a round of celebratory drinks at the clubhouse.
6. Craft Beer Tour
Embark on a craft beer tour and explore London’s thriving beer scene. Visit microbreweries, trendy pubs, and taprooms, sampling a variety of craft beers along the way.
Expand your beer knowledge, discover new flavors, and toast to the groom’s happiness with a pint in hand. It’s a fun and relaxed way to enjoy the city while indulging in liquid delights. See more below in the beer tour section…
7. Escape Room Challenge
Test your problem-solving skills with an exhilarating escape room challenge. Work together as a team to solve puzzles, find hidden clues, and escape from a locked room within a given time limit. The adrenaline will be pumping as you race against the clock, making this activity a thrilling and memorable experience for the entire stag party.
8. Gentlemen’s Afternoon Tea
Give the traditional afternoon tea a masculine twist with a gentlemen’s afternoon tea experience. Swap dainty pastries for hearty sandwiches, sliders, and mini gourmet pies. Indulge in a selection of savoury treats and wash them down with fine teas or perhaps a glass of champagne. It’s a sophisticated way to relax and refuel during your London stag do.
Sporting Attractions for a Stag Do in London
London is a haven for sports enthusiasts, and incorporating a sporting element into your stag do can add an extra layer of excitement and camaraderie. Whether you’re a die-hard rugby fan or a football aficionado, the city offers a range of iconic sporting attractions that are perfect for a memorable stag do experience. Here are some of the best sporting destinations in London to consider:
1. Twickenham Stadium
For rugby fans, a visit to Twickenham Stadium is an absolute must. Known as the home of English rugby, this historic venue is the largest dedicated rugby union stadium in the world. Catching a thrilling match or taking a guided tour of the stadium offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourselves in the passion and tradition of this beloved sport.
2. Wembley Stadium
No list of sporting attractions in London would be complete without mentioning Wembley Stadium. This iconic venue has hosted many historic football matches for England, not to mention major sporting events including the NFL.
If you and your stag party are football enthusiasts, watching a match or taking a behind-the-scenes tour of Wembley Stadium is an experience that will leave you in awe.
3. Premier League Stadiums
London is home to several Premier League football clubs, each with its own passionate fan base and storied history. If you’re keen on exploring the football culture during your stag do, consider visiting some of the top-flight stadiums in the city:
- Emirates Stadium: The home of Arsenal Football Club, Emirates Stadium is an architectural masterpiece. Catching a match here and witnessing the electric atmosphere is an experience that any football fan will cherish. Book your Emirates Stadium tour here.
- Stamford Bridge: As the home of Chelsea Football Club, Stamford Bridge is steeped in football history. A visit to this legendary stadium will give you a taste of the club’s success and the passionate support of its fans.
- London Stadium: Originally built for the 2012 Olympics, London Stadium now serves as the home ground for West Ham United Football Club. Take in the impressive structure and catch a match to witness the excitement of Premier League football in this iconic venue.
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium: Known as White Hart Lane in its previous incarnation, the newly built Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a state-of-the-art facility that promises an exceptional football experience. Get a glimpse into the world of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and cheer alongside their devoted supporters.
4. Other Sporting Destinations
In addition to rugby and football, London offers a range of other sporting attractions that can add excitement to your stag do:
- Lord’s Cricket Ground: Cricket fans will appreciate a visit to Lord’s Cricket Ground, the spiritual home of cricket. Take a tour of the grounds, explore the museum, and learn about the rich history of this quintessentially British sport.
- Lee Valley VeloPark: If you’re seeking an adrenaline rush, head to Lee Valley VeloPark, the venue used for the cycling events during the 2012 Olympics. Try your hand at track cycling, mountain biking, or even BMX racing for an exhilarating stag do experience.
- Lee Valley White Water Centre: For the thrill-seekers in your group, a trip to Lee Valley White Water Centre offers the chance to experience the excitement of white-water rafting and kayaking. Brave the rapids together and create unforgettable memories.
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park: Explore the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the site of the 2012 Olympics. With a variety of sporting facilities, including swimming pools, tennis courts, and outdoor spaces, you can engage in various sports activities tailored to your preferences.
Foodie Delights: Destinations for a food focused stag do in London
London is a paradise for food lovers, boasting a vibrant culinary scene that caters to every palate. If you’re planning a foody stag do, the city offers an array of gastronomic delights, from bustling food markets to Michelin-starred restaurants. Here are some must-visit destinations that will tantalize your taste buds and create an unforgettable foodie experience.
1. Borough Market
Start your culinary adventure at Borough Market, a food lover’s paradise. Located in the heart of London, this historic market is a haven for food enthusiasts.
Explore the stalls offering an array of fresh produce, artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, baked goods, and international delicacies. Indulge in mouthwatering street food, sip on craft beers, and immerse yourselves in the lively atmosphere. From gourmet burgers to oysters, Borough Market has it all.
2. Brick Lane
For a taste of London’s diverse culinary landscape, head to Brick Lane in the vibrant East End. This iconic street is renowned for its curry houses, serving flavours from India, Bangladesh, and beyond.
Be aware of the touts trying to hook you in with their very low prices for, frankly pretty shitty curries. Research the best first. We recommend Needo Grill down the road from Brick Lane, or the infamous Tayyabs. Make sure to book ahead for that one though. Honestly it gets rammed.
Don’t miss the famous bagels from Beigel Bake or the aromatic street food stalls offering a fusion of global flavors.
3. Michelin-Starred Restaurants
Indulge in a sophisticated dining experience at one of London’s renowned Michelin-starred restaurants. These culinary temples showcase the talent of world-class chefs, delivering exceptional cuisine that will leave a lasting impression.
From innovative tasting menus to exquisite wine pairings, treat the groom-to-be and the stag party to an unforgettable gastronomic journey. Some notable Michelin-starred establishments in London include:
- The Ledbury: This two-Michelin-starred restaurant in Notting Hill offers contemporary European cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients and exquisite flavour combinations.
- Galvin: There are several Galvin restaurants in London and they are all excellent. From La Chapelle in Spitalfields to Windows near Hyde Park, you can’t go wrong with a Galvins meal.
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal: Experience the culinary genius of Heston Blumenthal at this two-Michelin-starred restaurant located in the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. Expect historical-inspired dishes that blend tradition with modern techniques.
- Sketch: Step into a whimsical world of art and gastronomy at Sketch, a one-Michelin-starred restaurant in Mayfair. Indulge in an avant-garde dining experience surrounded by stunning artwork and eccentric decor.
4. Street Food Markets
For a more casual and eclectic dining experience, explore London’s vibrant street food markets. These bustling hubs bring together a multitude of food vendors offering a wide range of cuisines from around the world. Here are a few notable street food markets to check out:
- Southbank Centre Food Market: Located just behind the South Bank Centre, between the river and Waterloo station, this market showcases a variety of street food stalls, artisanal produce, and sweet treats. Take you food from the market and take a seat by the river and enjoy views of the City of London.
- Flat Iron Square: Nestled under the railway arches near Borough Market, Flat Iron Square is a foodie haven. From wood-fired pizzas to Korean barbecue, there’s something to satisfy every craving.
- POP Brixton: Head south to Brixton for a vibrant experience at this shipping container food market. Enjoy amazing food, live music and lots of great drinks too.
- Seven Dials Market: This market a stones throw from Covent Garden is a great spot to soak up some top grade London street food and sink a few brews too.
5. Culinary Workshops and Experiences
Take your stag do to the next level by engaging in culinary workshops and experiences. Learn from the experts and get hands-on with cooking classes, cocktail making sessions, or chocolate and wine tastings. Not only will you have a great time, but you’ll also acquire new skills to impress future dinner guests. Look for specialized workshops that cater to stag parties and offer a fun and interactive environment.
London’s culinary landscape is vast and ever-evolving, offering an abundance of options for food lovers. Whether you choose to explore vibrant food markets, indulge in Michelin-starred extravagance, or savour the diverse street food scene, a foody stag do in London is sure to be a feast for the senses.
Remember to make reservations in advance, especially for popular restaurants and workshops, to secure your spot and ensure a seamless foodie experience. Bon appétit!
Discovering the Coolest Bars and Pubs: Best Areas for a Stag Do in London
London is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, offering a plethora of trendy bars and pubs to suit every taste. If you’re looking to explore the coolest drinking spots during your stag do, make sure to check out these areas that are known for their buzzing bar scenes.
Camden is an eclectic and alternative neighbourhood with a thriving music and nightlife scene. This vibrant area is home to an array of cool bars and pubs that cater to diverse tastes.
From quirky rock bars to intimate cocktail lounges, Camden has something for everyone. Explore the famous Camden Lock Market and its surrounding streets, where you’ll find live music venues, beer gardens, and unique drinking establishments.
Don’t miss out on the Camden Assembly, a renowned venue that hosts live bands and DJ nights.
Shoreditch has become synonymous with hipster culture and trendy nightlife. This creative hub is brimming with stylish bars and pubs, making it an ideal destination for a stag do.
Explore the streets of Shoreditch and discover hidden cocktail bars, craft beer pubs, and underground clubs.
The area is also known for its vibrant street art scene, adding to its unique and edgy atmosphere. Visit The Book Club for a blend of cocktails, food, and entertainment, or enjoy craft beers at the Old Street Brewery.
Soho is a lively and iconic neighborhood in the heart of London, known for its diverse nightlife offerings. From legendary music venues to chic cocktail bars, Soho has a wide range of options to explore.
This area is particularly famous for its historic pubs, some of which have been serving drinks for centuries.
Pay a visit to The French House, a legendary pub with a bohemian atmosphere and a storied past. For a touch of glamour, step into Cahoots, a 1940s-themed underground bar serving creative cocktails.
4. Covent Garden
Covent Garden is a bustling and vibrant area that offers a mix of traditional pubs, sophisticated cocktail bars, and lively nightclubs. Explore the narrow streets and hidden alleyways to uncover some of the best drinking spots in the city.
Visit The Porterhouse, a multi-level Irish pub with an extensive selection of beers, or venture to Mr Fogg’s Tavern for a quirky Victorian-inspired experience.
Covent Garden also hosts a variety of trendy rooftop bars where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city while sipping on refreshing cocktails.
5. King’s Cross
King’s Cross has undergone a major transformation in recent years, emerging as a hotbed of stylish bars and gastropubs.
This area is perfect for a stag do seeking a blend of cool and sophisticated venues. Venture to Spiritland, a stylish bar known for its exceptional sound system and impressive vinyl collection.
For a unique experience, head to Simmons, a quirky bar with vintage decor, playful cocktails, and a lively atmosphere.
King’s Cross is also home to a vibrant gin scene, with dedicated gin bars offering a wide selection of this classic spirit.
6. Notting Hill
Notting Hill may be famous for its colorful houses and Portobello Market, but it also boasts a fantastic selection of bars and pubs. Explore this charming neighborhood and discover stylish wine bars, traditional pubs, and trendy cocktail lounges.
The Electric Diner is a popular spot for craft beers and classic American comfort food, while The Rum Kitchen offers a Caribbean-inspired atmosphere with delicious rum-based cocktails.
7. Brixton and Clapham
Head south of the river to find a London stag do gem. Brixton is one of the most vibrant suburbs of London, with multiple nightclubs, food markets and selection of great pubs. The Duke of Edinburgh is a buzzing pub a short walk from central Brixton, or get stuck into Pop Brixton for food and music.
A short taxi ride down the road is Clapham, with a high street lined by pubs and clubs. If you’re looking for great alternative London stag do ideas then these two areas will more than fit the bill.
Cool Shit to Do on a Central London Stag weekend
One of the most popular London stag do ideas is to do the circle line pub crawl. While few complete this, the actual plan is to take the London Underground Circle Line and go to a pub for each stop.
For those about to Google how many stops on the Circle Line – it’s 27. So yes, that means 27 pubs and a lot of drinking.
The rules of the Circle Line pub crawl are apparently that you can do half pints at each stop, but a full pint when you get back to where you started. Oh and you have to do it within 12 hours.
Another idea is to do the Monopoly pub crawl, which actually sounds like a total pain in the arse with lots of travel between stops.
Immerse Yourself in the Brewing Culture: Beer Brewery Tours in London
For beer enthusiasts, exploring the beer brewery scene in London is a fantastic way to add a unique and flavourful experience to your London stag do.
London is home to a thriving craft beer culture, with tons of breweries offering guided tours that provide insights into the brewing process, along with plenty of opportunities to sample a variety of delicious beers. Embark on a beer brewery tour and discover the craftsmanship and passion that goes into creating these liquid delights.
Here are some notable beer brewery tours in London:
1. Fuller’s Brewery Tour
Fuller’s Brewery, situated in Chiswick, West London, is an iconic brewery with a rich history dating back to 1845. Take a guided tour and immerse yourself in the world of traditional brewing methods. Learn about the ingredients, the brewing process, and the unique yeast strain that gives Fuller’s beers their distinctive flavours. Explore the brewhouse, visit the cellars, and finish off with a tasting session where you can sample a selection of their award-winning ales.
2. The Bermondsey Beer Mile
The Bermondsey Beer Mile is a beer lover’s paradise, consisting of a stretch of breweries and taprooms located in the Bermondsey area of South London. This self-guided tour allows you to explore several breweries at your own pace. Stroll along the mile and discover renowned breweries such as Anspach & Hobday, Fourpure Brewing Co., and The Kernel Brewery.
Each stop offers a unique beer experience, from traditional ales to experimental brews. Engage with the brewers, learn about their craft, and savor the diverse range of beers on offer.
3. Beavertown Brewery Taproom
Beavertown Brewery, located in Tottenham Hale, is a popular craft brewery known for its innovative and bold beers. Book a tour to get an insider’s look at their brewing process and the inspiration behind their creations.
Explore the taproom, which features a wide selection of Beavertown beers on tap. If you don’t already know popular beers like Gamma Ray and Neck Oil, you’re in for a treat.
4. Meantime Brewing Company
Meantime Brewing Company, based in Greenwich, is one of London’s pioneering craft breweries. Their beer brewery tour offers an opportunity to delve into the art of brewing and learn about their approach to creating exceptional beers.
Discover their state-of-the-art facilities, including their impressive copper brew house. The tour concludes with a guided tasting session, where you can sample a range of Meantime’s award-winning beers, including their renowned London Pale Ale.
5. Camden Town Brewery
Camden Town Brewery, located in the heart of Camden, is a renowned brewery that focuses on brewing exceptional lagers. Take a tour and witness their commitment to quality and innovation. Explore the brewery’s impressive brewhouse, fermentation tanks, and their signature beer cellar.
The tour ends with a tasting session, allowing you to savour their range of refreshing beers. And start your stag session off right…
6. The Five Points Brewing Company
The Five Points Brewing Company, situated in Hackney, East London, is a popular craft brewery that prides itself on producing flavourful and balanced beers. Book a tour to discover their brewing techniques and sustainable practices.
Gain insight into their commitment to community and quality as you explore their brewery. Finish off with a tasting of their diverse beer range, from classic pale ales to limited-edition brews.
The Best Strip Clubs in London
Want to embrace the sleazier side of London for your stag do? While Soho is no-longer the sleaze centre of the capital, there are still a smattering of decent strip clubs in the area.
The best places for strip clubs in London now are Shoreditch, especially Old Street area, and Bethnal Green. And although London isn’t a sex tourism hot spot, these clubs usually have friendly and high quality girls for a few hours entertainment.
- The Horns near Old Street station is one of the best strip clubs in London with gorgeous girls and £1 in the glass dances
- Browns in Hoxton is another great option for a strip club
- The Nags Head near Whitechapel/Brick Lane is also one of the most popular options for a laid back lap dancing experience
- Stringfellows is obviously one of the more famous strip clubs in the city, and a London stag do hotspot
- Platinum Lace is a premium gentlemans bar in Soho a great place to head for your London stag night out
A Sample Plan for a London Stag Weekend
While there is a shit ton of choice for a fun London stag weekend in this blog, we know it’s probably totally overwhelming. So…. We’ve put together a couple of simple suggestions for London stag do ideas.
Plan 1: Food, Fun and Beer
Fuel up and line the stomach with a slap up lunch and a few drinks at the Covent Garden Seven Dials Market. Or if you prefer a classy meal, book into The Ivy, or choose Gaucho Covent Garden or Hawksmoor for a steak lunch.
Note that lunch is gonna be the big meal cos the rest of your calories will likely be boozy.
Let lunch settle with a sedate ride on the London Eye to take in the views of the city skyline. Jump straight from there into a Thames Rib experience to get the adrenaline pumping.
Get drinks at the Tattershall Castle which is a boat moored opposite the London Eye with great views down the Thames.
From here you could head to a gig in one of the city’s countless live music venues or nightclubs. Or start your pub crawl of choice.
On day two, enjoy a stadium tour, beer brewery tour or open top bus tour of the city.
Plan 2: All Action London Stag
Start with your choice of stadium tour to get you in the mood – whether thats the Emirates, Stamford Bridge or Wembley Stadium.
Head to North Greenwich and Up at the O2, where you and the lads climb over the O2 arena and take in the epic views. At the 02 grab a drink and then jump on the Thames Clipper for a scenic cruise into the city centre.
At Tower Bridge, jump off and head to Borough Market for some food and drinks. Line your stomach with some good food here…
By now you’ll probably be ready to get stuck into your stag do, so head to Shoreditch High Street/Old Street. At Old Street, head to The Horns strip club for a few drinks and a lap dance.
Take a trip to The Book Club or The Blues Kitchen for cocktails and dancing, before a wild night at XOYO or Fabric.
Final Notes About Planning a London Stag Do
While a London stag weekend will be epic fun, and definitely a party to remember, there are a few things to bear in mind.
Yes, London is expensive. But you can often get deals by booking ahead. If you want to enjoy a premium dining experience, lunch menus are often the best way to enjoy high end restaurants such as Michelin starred venues. Restaurants such as Galvin, The Ivy and Hawksmoor all have lunch menus which are much cheaper than the a la carte.
If you’re planning on visiting multiple tourist attractions or sights as part of your stag do weekend, buying a city pass such as the London Pass will save lots of money. It will also allow you to jump queues, and many places also offer freebies with the pass.
You can also use the GoCity Explorer Pass to save money on two or more attractions. For example if you go for Up at the O2 and a stadium tour, you’ll save £30! Get the All Inclusive Pass and max it out and save over £100 on sightseeing.
A word about safety
London is a busy city and stag parties are common, so the city is set up to handle a group of lads on the town. And although London has a bit of a rep for scary city stuff, the truth is if you avoid doing anything too silly you’ll be fine.
Of course you should remember to stay safe, keep an eye on your belongings and avoid annoying the wrong people.
Pickpockets and scams are common in the city centre, especially at night. Be careful of dodgy minicabs or people trying to lure you into obscure clubs.
But… London is great fun, the people are actually friendly and there is so much to see and do! So go ahead, get stuck in and enjoy your London stag weekend!
Looking for more inspiration? Read our guide how to plan a stag do.