Are you having trouble getting visitors to your social media accounts? This could be due to a lack of organic content that algorithm-driven social media are preventing from being seen. But it could also indicate that you need to modify your social media strategy.
According to a study by Social Sprout Index, 90% of customers are most likely to buy from the brands they follow.
Just in case you want to build a brand like this, I’ll tell you six impactful tips that would help you increase your social media engagement.
Use the Right Platform to Promote Your Company
Promoting your content through the right social media platforms can reach a wider audience and increase the chances of getting followers interested in what you have to say.
Making sure your posts are well-written and entertaining will help you engage with your followers and build relationships with them.
To increase engagement, businesses should use advertising on Facebook and Instagram. There are different ways to advertise on these platforms, so finding the best way to reach your audience is essential.
One way to increase Facebook engagement is by using relevant ads for your audience. For example, if you run a business that sells health products, you might want to target ads at people who live in states with high obesity rates. You can also use demographics such as age, sex and location to target your ads more accurately.
Instagram is known for its visual content, so you can use ads to promote your products or services in a visually appealing way. For example, you could use an ad that features a product or engaging visuals to show how the product works.
Post Authentic Content
Are you using your business’s social media platforms to their full potential? If not, it may be time to start being more authentic. 90% of customers said they’re most likely to like the companies that post authentic content.
Being authentic means being genuine and honest in your posts and updates. It can also involve admitting your mistakes or sharing your organisation’s values; honesty can help to build your visitors’ trust in your brand online and keep them interested. Overall, the key is to put your own spin on things rather than trying to be someone you’re not.
This will help you connect with your followers on a more personal level, which will, in turn, increase your posts’ engagement and lead to a better return on investment (ROI) for your social media strategy.
Today, the majority of people quickly connect with content that’s funny. So, you may use humour as a tool to drive the audience to your account.
Try Proactive and Reactive Social Media Engagement Strategy
Practice proactive engagement, and you’ll see a surge in your business’s social media engagement. In fact, according to research by Nuance, 85% of customers want a company to reach them proactively. By engaging with your followers regularly, you’ll be more likely to keep them interested in your content and help promote positive word-of-mouth buzz.
Here are some tips for boosting your social media engagement:
1. Make sure your posts are relevant to your target audience. Don’t post things simply because you think they’ll look good on your profile; Tailor each post to appeal to as many people as possible while still staying true to your brand identity.
2. Respond quickly to follower comments and questions. Responding quickly to questions and comments is a great way to show that you’re interested in your followers’ thoughts and feedback. It also shows that you value their participation in your conversation.
3. Add visual content whenever possible. Images help readers take in information more efficiently, increasing engagement rates. Using Instagram, you can create stories with stickers and generate polls to engage more with your audience.
4. Make posts with open-ended questions. This will help you get to know your audience better and prompt them to share their thoughts and experiences with your brand.
5. Choose a relevant hashtag. Ensure your hashtag is relevant to your post and connected to your target audience. For example, if you’re writing about travel, use the #travel or other relatable hashtags.
6. Host more Ask me Anything Sessions. These informal chats allow your audience to ask you any questions they may have. They’re a great way to increase audience engagement and build a closer bond with your followers.
Prepare a Post Schedule
When it comes to increasing audience engagement, following a posting schedule is essential. Posting at set intervals throughout the day will keep your followers engaged and likely produce more shares and likes than if you post sporadically.
Some general suggestions about how often you should post on social media. For Instagram, it is around 3-7 times a week; For Facebook, you need to post at least two times daily; and for Twitter, you can post about 5 times a day.
However, you should still track your audience metrics and schedule the post based on engagement.
Creating a successful online presence can be difficult, but with the right strategies and help from other creators, it’s possible to succeed. One way to increase audience engagement is by cross-promoting with other creators. Doing this will help you connect with their followers and draw them closer to your content.
Your social media posts can help you extend your reach to others in a different channel’s audience. You might also consider partnering with another company with similar followers or collaborating with a high-profile influencer to attract new followers and get a larger audience.
Additionally, it can create a sense of community amongst your audience, leading to higher loyalty and trust. By working together, you can create an effective online ecosystem that will help you grow your audience and reach new heights.
Running social media contests is a great way to engage your audience and get them talking about your brand. By providing valuable prizes and encouraging participants to share their experiences, you can boost engagement and give your followers a reason to keep coming back. Here are some tips for running successful contests:
1. Make the contest easy to enter. If possible, make it so that anyone can participate, regardless of their level of social media involvement or expertise. This will help draw in new followers while allowing long-time followers to show their support.
2. Be sure to provide clear instructions on how to enter and what the requirements are. This will help ensure that everyone participating has a fair chance of winning.
3. Incorporate themed contests into your repertoire; this will add an extra layer of fun and excitement for your audience.
We hope these tips to boost your social media engagement are exactly what you were looking for. Check out more marketing know how, including how to find business clients online and how to use Linkedin to build your client list.